Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stroke Path and Spacing Problem
Hi, I am trying to stroke a path by emulating brush dynamics. However, there is a problem with stroking the path when spacing is applied. It will randomly apply 2 strokes in one place, 1 stroke in another, a merged stroked in another etc. I have checked everything under brush dynamics and I cannot find out what the problem is or what could be causing this. To help you better understand the problem I'm facing I've taken a screenshot of the issue.[Image: path-problem.png]
As you can see, the image on the left is the problem I was describing: 2 strokes, 1 stroke and merged strokes. I have chosen a rectangular shaped brush at a 90 degree angle, with the track direction dynamic applied to go round the path evenly spaced. However, the image on the left is the end result, which to me does not make any sense, at all. Either this is a bug/glitch or I'm missing something. If I use these same settings and go round the path manually by hand, the image on the right is the result. The Image is actually supposed to be evenly spaced out like the image on the right (only a lot neater and aligned to the actual path). Is there a fix for this problem? Thanks.
I think it is your path. Is it in sections rather than one complete path?

Putting a couple of breaks in the path and there is bunch-ing at the breaks

Whereas one complete path.

Although it might also be the brush you are using adding to the confusion Wink
Looks like your path on the left is actually the envelope of the black part,  so the brush strokes are done once for each side. This is more visible if you use an asymmetric brush:

You should open the path at the ends and discard the half you don't want.