Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stroke path with dots no square but round
Hello, I'll would like to know how made a stroke path dotted with circle dots rather than square dots.

I'll don't find any circle dots in line style only square.

In fact I'll would like to make bolts along a path.

Thanks by advance for your help.
Voilà,

Ok it was very simple.... Thanks for the tips!

The problem is when Ill do it in a circle path my dots are not equal in distance along the curve is there a way to have a perfect distance between the dots?

I'll have another question how I'll can duplicate a layer >rotate it around an axe and repeat action to make for example the line on a watch. In photoshop I'll duplicate> rotate 15° for example and shif r to repeat the action.

I'm new to the gimp and come from photoshop and it's hard to forgot athe automatism.

Thanks by advance and thanks for the response to the path.
One option would be the ofn-brush-on-path plug-in, see https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-br...es+on+path

As for the second question, I think I didn't understand it well. But in Gimp there is the Ctrl+F for the repetition of filters
(03-10-2021, 07:37 PM)majorfatal Wrote: I'll have another question how I'll can duplicate a layer >rotate it around an axe and repeat action to make for example  the line on a watch. In photoshop I'll duplicate> rotate 15° for example and shif r to repeat the action.

Several scripts around for this, see ofn-rotate-layer for instance.
Thanks for the response.

I'll don't find the script (there is plenty)
I'm new to the gimp and I'll don't know to install a script.

For example for this script it's a .py not an scm. I'll really don't know where to put it.

Thanks by advance for the help
(03-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Several scripts around for this, see ofn-rotate-layer for instance.

Hi Ofnuts, I didn't know about this plug-in. I already downloaded and played with it a little, thanks for the tip and for another useful plug-in. 

(03-10-2021, 09:39 PM)majorfatal Wrote: Thanks for the response.

I'll don't find the script (there is plenty)
I'm new to the gimp and I'll don't know to install a script.

For example for this script it's a .py not an scm. I'll really don't know where to put it.

Thanks by advance for the help

majorfatal,

Okay, take a deep breath and stay calm, it won't hurt and soon you will be adept at installing plug-ins for your Gimp.

• Access the page for downloading - https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-to...s/scripts/
• Press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously - a tiny window will appear.
• Type in the tiny window that will appear: ofn-rotate-layer.zip, and the plug-in will be located quickly.

•• Download this file

••• See the simple steps necessary to install this plug-in in this video of just 1:54 minutes - https://youtu.be/TQwi9jAmFCo?t=32 - You can start watching the 32 seconds of video.

In the video, he selects Folders - Scripts, but you will select Folders - Plug-ins, this is the only difference, but the process is the same.

Gimp always needs to be restarted after installing a plug-in (.py)  Python

After installing and restarting Gimp the Plug-in will be in Layer - Transform - Multi-Rotate ...

In the downloaded .Zip there is a file with guidelines on how to use the plug-in.

Good fun!
Thanks for the response,

The problem it's give me 2 folders in edit preference.

1: in user>roaming Appdata (that I'll don't see)

2: in program files> lib> gimp 2.0> plugins that Ill see but all plug have a folder named like that (cml-explore) for example and into it's only .exe, must I ll create a folder named like that with "-" between the word and push tne .py on it? Or just push the . py without naming?

Thanks by advance

(03-11-2021, 10:18 AM)majorfatal Wrote: Thanks for the response,

The problem  it's give me 2 folders in edit preference.

2: in program files> lib> gimp 2.0> plugins that Ill see but all plug have a folder named like that (cml-explore) for example and into it's only .exe, must I ll create a folder named like that with "-" between the word and push tne .py on it? Or just push the . py without naming?

Thanks by advance

I'll suceeded! Thanks

I'll copy the roaming appdata path (give by the gimp pref) in win explorer and Ill saw it. Ill copy in it and it work!
If Ill understand the. py in plugin folder and .scm in script folder?
Ill find also this script which is good for that Ill want to do: ofn-brush-strokes-on-path plug-in

If you have some script mandatory for the gimp I'll keep it!

Thanks for the explanation.
(03-11-2021, 10:18 AM)majorfatal Wrote: Thanks for the response,

The problem  it's give me 2 folders in edit preference.

Thanks by advance

It is a folder hidden by the system. you will need to configure it to display hidden folders. But there is no need for the installation to be in that folder specifically.

In fact, you can create a personal folder to store your plug-ins, just add this path in Gimp, together where there are already paths to the folders in user> roaming Appdata and program files> lib> gimp 2.0> plugins .

In Gimp: Edit-Preferences-Folders_plug-ins click on the first icon on the left (Add new folder) and indicate the path to your personal folder with your plug-ins.

The above process is also possible for the entire installation of brushes, pattterns, gradients, fonts, etc.

There is no obligation for you to create a folder for the plug-in, as long as it is inside the folder recognized by Gimp it will run.

Exactly, you got it right; (.scm) in the Scripts folder and .py in the Plug-in folder.

Also, brushes in the folder for brushes, gradients, pallets, etc. each in your folders.

(03-11-2021, 10:18 AM)majorfatal Wrote: If Ill understand the. py in plugin folder and .scm in script folder?
Ill find also this script which is good for that Ill want to do: ofn-brush-strokes-on-path plug-in

If you have some script mandatory for the gimp I'll keep it!

Thanks for the explanation.

About mandatory plug-ins / Scripts this will depend on your needs. You need to have an idea of what would be useful to you.

But Ofnuts plug-ins would certainly be among those of great use.  Wink
I suggest a read on Carmen's E-book, where she presents the Ofnuts plugins in a well organized and easy to consult way - See https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Guide-to-Ofnuts-Paths ? pid = 18790 # pid18790

At https://www.gimpscripts.net/ you will have a nice collection of Scripts and Plug-ins.

As you are faced with needs it is good to know where to find them.

There is also Tim from GimpLearn, with excellent plug-ins, but finding them there is a bit more work.

Unlike plug-ins, scripts can be installed without the need to restart gimp.
Thanks.

In edit preference if I copy the path of the Appdata despite it was hidden it show me the folder. I'll could put on it the plugins.

Thanks for the links I'm going to read these docs.