Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we set our own GIMP defaults?
Can we set our own GIMP defaults when we create a new XCF? One thing I always do is uncheck "draw layer boundaries". if we had this default feature I certainly would do more than just change that one thing
(11-06-2021, 01:54 AM)GMP Wrote: Can we set our own GIMP defaults when we create a new XCF? One thing I always do is uncheck "draw layer boundaries". if we had this default feature I certainly would do more than just change that one thing

It is in Edit -> Preferences -> Image Windows -> Image Window Preferences  and untick the Show layer boundary options.

Quote:...Can we set our own GIMP defaults when we create a new XCF?...

Not so much a new XCF, although you can create a blank "boilerplate" .xcf image and open that. Some properties & settings are retained.

Another way is set up Gimp to open in the same way every time. By default Gimp opens and uses the same setup as when closed. 
You can fix Gimp. Go around everything, tools , tool options, fonts , those display settings, all -and-everything Gimp starts with. 
Then in Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options untick Save tool options on exit and click Save Tool Options Now
similarly in the Input Devices section untick Save input devices on exit and click Save Input Device Settings Now
OK that, close Preferences, and restart Gimp to check the settings