Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swappable iPhone/Screen Mockups in Gimp?
I've used a few Photoshop templates in the past to create iPhone/Computer screen mockups.

They typically work by replacing a layer that houses the content, which will then show on the screen of the iPhone.

I've tried opening one in Gimp and it doesn't work the same way (nor did I really expect it to).

Assuming I had a png of an iPhone (or computer or whatever) in which the screen was transparent, how do I make a layer that will show up in the phone, which can be easily replaced from project to project.

Link to example
Sorry but I am not going to 'subscribe' to anything to download your template. (plus I hate smart links  Dodgy   )

In general terms these templates (made for PS) have many layers, not all effects / layer types work in Gimp but there should be a layer somewhere in which you paste an image. Post a screenshot of what you have showing the layers dock. Remember, there might be layer groups that need expanding to show the layer for the image.

At the simplest it might look like this. 

A base  layer 
An image of a phone with transparency
and an in-between a layer usually with a layer mask for your image.

A quick 40 second demo of pasting an image in.   https://i.imgur.com/fAaLT6f.mp4
(02-15-2022, 07:25 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Sorry but I am not going to 'subscribe' to anything to download your template. (plus I hate smart links  Dodgy   )

In general terms these templates (made for PS) have many layers, not all effects / layer types work in Gimp but there should be a layer somewhere in which you paste an image. Post a screenshot of what you have showing the layers dock. Remember, there might be layer groups that need expanding to show the layer for the image.

At the simplest it might look like this. 

A base  layer 
An image of a phone with transparency
and an in-between a layer usually with a layer mask for your image.

A quick 40 second demo of pasting an image in.   https://i.imgur.com/fAaLT6f.mp4

Sorry about that. My intent wasn't for you (or anybody else) to subscribe, but rather show you what I was trying to make.
(02-16-2022, 12:47 AM)oguruma Wrote: My intent wasn't for you (or anybody else) to subscribe, but rather show you what I was trying to make.

Not a problem, not going to give them $16.50 a month. Just show a screenshot of what you have in the layers dock. These PS templates can run to large size files. Very often a convenient way is pick out the layers you need and make a more usable Gimp .xcf template.