Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-random-pattern
I didn't even remember the A Tile Puzzle plugin anymore, I probably wouldn't even know what it was for if it weren't for Blighty bringing it back to life. But luckily it still works and it's great to have it as a tool at your disposal.

I used a 16x16 tile.
The target, a 400x400 layer (image).
The result, 25x25 tiles.

The result:

The generated image was identical using both 'A Tile Puzzle' and 'Random pattern from tiles' plugins;

RPFT needed less than 2 seconds to generate the final image;
The ATP took approximately between 72 to 82 seconds.

The size of the files:
RPFT.png = 3.94 KB
ATP.png = 3.90 KB

* A Tile Puzzle = ATP
* Random pattern from tiles = RPFT

There is no need to choose between one plugin or another, both have their peculiarities.

PS: I used the first version of Random pattern tiles. I haven't updated the plugin yet.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(12-23-2023, 07:02 PM)Krikor Wrote: PS: I used the first version of Random pattern tiles. I haven't updated the plugin yet.

Update it, it's important, especially for the transparency, I wanted to speak about it, but Ofnuts was FTL to fix it before I can even point the problem out
Patrice
(12-23-2023, 04:58 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: This said, starting from scratch, I get this:
So, nowhere near what you get, and if the image is around 10G, the dash board only reports half of that... So the figures you show may have something to do with previous history of the image and with its unmentioned precision.

I did my tests from scratch as well, even login out and login-in.
Could the quality and size of the tiles affect those numbers? Balls I'm using have a size of 241 × 267 pixels, precision 8-bit.
I put a link if you're interested to try with the one I'm using > https://filetransfer.io/data-package/dqrJFpBi#link

In all case, thanks a lot for this plugin, it's a very nice one Smile
Patrice
Just uploaded a new version which is somewhat faster and uses less memory since the bulk of the work is done in a side image with undo disabled. Takes about a minute to generate a 40x40 grid (100MPix) with the 40 patterns in @Pixlab's set, and is quite instantaneous on more pedestrian sizes (about a second for 1000x1000 and 6 patterns).
WOW... I mean WOOWWW!!

This update did blow my mind! Very impressive speed even at 6000x6000 pixels it's a matter of few seconds with ~40 patterns, and size file/resources result is impressively low

Thank you so much Ofnuts, and again Woww!
Patrice
Interesting plugin, thank you. Not sure this much chocolate is a good idea  Sick

(12-27-2023, 05:04 AM)teapot Wrote: Interesting plugin, thank you. Not sure this much chocolate is a good idea  Sick

Depending on actual chocolate content in this kind of confectionery...