Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text/Font preview
How the heck do I get an existing text layer to change its font while I scroll through the font list?

This is a hard question to ask clearly… So, I have a sentence selected, and I go over to the left side tool options and I can hover over the text box and use the rollerball to cycle through the different fonts, but it's not affecting the sentence I have selected in my font layer in the actual drawing… This is maddening, I used to be able to do this and I just can't figure out how to do it now…

Thanks!
Works for me in 2.10.14, if the active tool is the Text tool and the layer is selected. However, if there is text selected in the text layer, and the font has been changed, the change of font in the general font list will only apply to unselected text (selected text being under the control of the on-canvas dialog).
Try this way

If the fonts dock is not there open it Gimp menu Windows -> Dockable Dialogues -> Fonts

Make sure the Font tool is selected and the Font is active (click in the text)

Select a font from the fonts dock, use the keyboard arrow keys  to scroll through the list.

example https://i.imgur.com/AQ67Gxu.mp4

Edit: Sorry That quickly gives a change of font for the whole text layer but as Ofnuts stated not selected text.