Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text around circle
I am new to Gimp and its taking a while to get used to it. I have managed to learn how to wrap text around a circle, however it is baffling me when sometimes the TEXT THAT GOES AROUND THE PATH IS EITHER OUTSIDE THE ELLIPSE CIRCLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ELLIPSE CIRCLE OR OUTSIDE THE ELLIPSE CIRCLE. I have watched many tutorials and not one of them mentions this...

Is there anyone on here who could help ?
Gimp has more than one method to wrap text around a circle. You don't say which method you are using. Please give details.

The method that I like is the Ofnuts Text Along A Path. It is available here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-pa...s/scripts/
(About 4th one down)

Note that a path has a direction. This affects how the text is applied to the path. For a circle, you can flip the path vertically which effectively changes its direction. Otherwise Ofnuts has some path tools which includes Reverse Strokes.
It also depends if there is a 'newline' (the enter key to make a newline) either before or after the text.

Throws the text either under or over the path.

(07-26-2018, 07:12 PM)Blighty Wrote: Gimp has more than one method to wrap text around a circle. You don't say which method you are using. Please give details.

The method that I like is the Ofnuts Text Along A Path. It is available here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-pa...s/scripts/
(About 4th one down)

Note that a path has a direction. This affects how the text is applied to the path. For a circle, you can flip the path vertically which effectively changes its direction. Otherwise Ofnuts has some path tools which includes Reverse Strokes.Th
THanks ill check Ofnuts out

(07-26-2018, 07:22 PM)rich2005 Wrote: It also depends if there is a 'newline' (the enter key to make a newline) either before or after the text.

Throws the text either under or over the path.

I see I think I know what your sayng...Has this anything to do with the text box being to big..
Sorry for sounding really thick
Quote:...I see I think I know what your sayng...Has this anything to do with the text box being to big..

That can have an effect as well. Look for the option Box at the bottom of the text tools and there is a dynamic/fixed setting.

Usually better to use dynamic which shrinks the box around the text.
Jolly good I'll have a go..
Thanks.
(07-26-2018, 07:12 PM)Blighty Wrote: Note that a path has a direction. This affects how the text is applied to the path. For a circle, you can flip the path vertically which effectively changes its direction. Otherwise Ofnuts has some path tools which includes Reverse Strokes.

ofn-text-along-path even has a "reverse path" flag.
Holy crap, this is like the 5th time in a couple days I've completely stumbled upon something I really wanted to know but, mixed in with the dozens of other things I really want to know, I haven't got 'round to looking into yet. Awesome! (Yet another bookmarked page.)