Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip to Save ALL open files at once?
Hello,

is it possible to save ALL open files in one click?
This would save me a lot of time...

Thanks !
Save (XCF) or Export (JPG, PNG...)? Have they all got a name yet?
(08-04-2023, 08:33 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Save (XCF) or Export (JPG, PNG...)? Have they all got a name yet?

save xcf.

Yes, they all got a name yet.

today, before shutting down the computer, I have to save all my open XCF files one by one...
... with the wait for recording time between each. Cry
A relatively quick way (can't escape the recording time, but minimizes your actions ). If you use File ➤ Close all or File ➤ Quit and you still have unsaved images, you get this dialog that has an interesting feature:

And it looks like the saves are done in parallel, so you can click the icons in rapid succession, even if the images are big. Once saved the image is removed from the list, so you know you haven't forgotten anything.
That is a really good tip from Ofnuts.

As ever, there is an old script sg-save-all.scm see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Save-a...1#pid30281
(08-05-2023, 07:02 AM)rich2005 Wrote: That is a really good tip from Ofnuts.

Tell you what, I didn't know that either when I started writing the answer Big Grin .
Yeah, After all these years, I never noticed it.

Just a thought when closing lots of files / large files.
It can happen when the user is in a hurry. Save and close Gimp when the file(s) still saving with some possibility of corruption.
Always keep an eye on the notification / progress bar bottom of the Gimp window and wait for completion. It happened to me with a very large file.
I have that script for a while now, there is a big caveat about it, you will got that window for every single image...

Thus I found it useless as even the setting of that window are not kept, like the "Quality" where you need to re-adjust each and every single time, thus it's the same as closing GIMP and got that window which offer to save the file one by one
If you did use "Image > Slice using Guides" and slice an image just 7x7, you're out of luck with the number of new image, a lot of re-adjustment in the jpg dialog, > lots a lots of clicks.... IMO it's useless, completely useless as it's a not a one click with auto numbering... (even though it has auto numbering)
Patrice
[attachment=10163 Wrote:PixLab pid='35482' dateline='1691235608']I have that script for a while now, there is a big caveat about it, you will got that window for every single image...
....snip...IMO it's useless, completely useless as it's a not a one click with auto numbering... (even though it has auto numbering)

What script is that ? 
For Save-All-As you get one dialogue, yes you need to enter a destination / format / base name but that is all. After that close Gimp down without prompts.

I do not know why it should bring up the regular export dialogue you show.
@rich2005, the same as yours

The script (now I have a doubt, is it the same?)

.7z   sg-save-all-images.scm.7z (Size: 1.4 KB / Downloads: 105)
Patrice