Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip to Save ALL open files at once?
Probably this comment in your script

; Line 63 was  (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE , but I put RUN-INTERACTIVE because of webp setting are at 0/zero for quality 
;              but seems to be back to normal, maybe try NONINTERACTIVE again > No, when I put back it's shity again

Looks like someone has been editing Wink

attached the one I use.

Attached Files
.zip   save-all-open.zip (Size: 1.08 KB / Downloads: 327)
(08-05-2023, 02:03 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Probably this comment in your script

; Line 63 was  (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE , but I put RUN-INTERACTIVE because of webp setting are at 0/zero for quality 
;              but seems to be back to normal, maybe try NONINTERACTIVE again > No, when I put back it's shity again

Looks like someone has been editing Wink

attached the one I use.

Nice find
Um... now that you speak about someone did an edit... how to say, it's me who edited.... Big Grin long ago, then I completely forgot about it .

OK now I understand why it is not working, thanks a lot rich2005
Patrice
(08-05-2023, 12:19 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 11:40 AM)PixLab Wrote: I have that script for a while now, there is a big caveat about it, you will got that window for every single image...
....snip...IMO it's useless, completely useless as it's a not a one click with auto numbering... (even though it has auto numbering)

What script is that ? 
For Save-All-As you get one dialogue, yes you need to enter a destination / format / base name but that is all. After that close Gimp down without prompts.

I do not know why it should bring up the regular export dialogue you show.

Can be pretty handy when you don't want the defaults. In some of my scripts I use the RUN_INTERACTIVE & RUN_WITH_LAST_VALS so the script asks for the export parameters just for the first item.
Scheme 
(08-05-2023, 08:42 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 12:19 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 11:40 AM)PixLab Wrote: I have that script for a while now, there is a big caveat about it, you will got that window for every single image...
....snip...IMO it's useless, completely useless as it's a not a one click with auto numbering... (even though it has auto numbering)

What script is that ? 
For Save-All-As you get one dialogue, yes you need to enter a destination / format / base name but that is all. After that close Gimp down without prompts.

I do not know why it should bring up the regular export dialogue you show.

Can be pretty handy when you don't want the defaults. In some of my scripts I use the RUN_INTERACTIVE & RUN_WITH_LAST_VALS so the script asks for the export parameters just for the first item.

You give me hope...
I did tried
Code:
(gimp-file-save RUN-INTERACTIVE & RUN-WITH-LAST-VALS
but I got an error, it seems that script/scheme has hard time with "&" (AND?)
What could be the grammar in scheme for that?

But maybe I got a XY problem, my goal is to make this script to work to export as webp too, but the export quality of webp is 0 (zero) without changing the RUN-NONNTERACTIVE, thus webps are full of pixelated squares, while others format like jpg/png/etc are just fine.

Just out of the box, scheme looks to me like hieroglyph > I found python a lot more human readable Big Grin
Patrice
(08-06-2023, 05:27 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 08:42 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 12:19 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I do not know why it should bring up the regular export dialogue you show.

You give me hope...
I did tried
Code:
(gimp-file-save RUN-INTERACTIVE & RUN-WITH-LAST-VALS
but I got an error, it seems that script/scheme has hard time with "&" (AND?)
What could be the grammar in scheme for that?

But maybe I got a XY problem, my goal is to make this script to work to export as webp too, but the export quality of webp is 0 (zero) without changing the RUN-NONNTERACTIVE, thus webps are full of pixelated squares, while others format like jpg/png/etc are just fine.

Just out of the box, scheme looks to me like hieroglyph > I found python a lot more human readable  Big Grin

I'm not using both flags together, but in the loop to save the files, the first file is saved with RUN_INTERACTIVE and the rest is saved with RUN_WITH_LAST_VALS. And that doesn't end there, file-save-* plugins have different behavior, depending on the RUN_* they save the active layer or the whole image, so the code does a layer_new_from_visible to a new image and saves that.
@PixLab

Try the attached. Lots of parameters for webp, to change you will have to edit the script.

For anyone else do not forget Ofnuts excellent tip at the beginning of this thread.

Attached Files
.zip   save-all-open-a.zip (Size: 1.23 KB / Downloads: 230)
(08-06-2023, 08:19 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I'm not using both flags together, but in the loop to save the files, the first file is saved with RUN_INTERACTIVE and the rest is saved with RUN_WITH_LAST_VALS. And that doesn't end there, file-save-* plugins have different behavior, depending on the RUN_* they save the active layer or the whole image, so the code does a layer_new_from_visible to a new image and saves that.

Thanks for your explanations Smile

(08-06-2023, 10:16 AM)rich2005 Wrote: @PixLab

Try the attached. Lots of parameters for webp, to change you will have to edit the script.

For anyone else do not forget Ofnuts excellent tip at the beginning of this thread.

YEEEEES! That's exactly what I was trying to do, thank you so very much rich2005! and I understood your comment in the parameters, now I got the picture (i mean about what you did on the script Wink )
Again thanks a lot!
Patrice