Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for cleaning up a receipt image
So I have a receipt that I accidentally dropped on the floor of my car. Didnt notice it and it got stepped on, dirty, wrinkled, and distorted but it turns out I actually really need it to make a return. And it cant be looked up by credit card, it was a cash receipt. So I scanned it, cropped it, converted it to black and white, and did a little bit of manual clean up. Already that did a massive amount of clean up but I would like to go a step further. A lot of the text is cracked and partly unreadable and the bar code has a crease through it. At the very least I would like the lettering especially for the transaction number to be crisp and readable. If possible I would also like to fix up the bar code. I wonder if I can actually get it to scan. So any tips for filling in the cracks in the text and cleaning up the barcode would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

**Note: For the image I uploaded I did block out specific details to keep it anonymous. Besides its only so you can see what Im working with. Not for you to do it for me. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm wondering how you are going to reprint it? Do you have a POS printer? Keep in mind this data would also be at their end. In Australia businesses have to keep data for 7 years for tax reasons.
Filters -> Generic -> Erode

...but not much you can do about the barcode except go in with a small brush and paint in lines.
or
you could always add your own - will the taxman ever check it 

Invoice number should suffice. Rich did it!

Smile