Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toggle drawing area to the most widely as possible
Hi all, I have just registered  Smile !

As I discovered a way to draw from an external device (Weylus - to turn a smartphone or tablet into a sort of network digitizer tablet), I search a way to extend the drawing area in full-screen without any other features/display (menu bar, status bar, rulers, etc.). I know we can toggle these individually, but I am looking for a solution to do it in a "one-button" way, some sort of meta-display function that we can bind to a single short key to toggle.

Is it possible from Gimp by script or other feature or must I search a solution from desktop automation tool like Autokey in Linux (or AutoHotkey in Windows) ?

Thank you in advance for the time you will spend to me Wink .

With adelphity
lnj

[Edit]I do not find the location to write my signature ...[/Edit]

I have questions to all your answers (Woody Allen)

Knowledge and ideas belong to everyone (noosphere) !

Did you try View > Full screen (F11)?
(09-18-2023, 07:26 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Did you try View > Full screen (F11)?

Hi Ofnuts and thank you for your help Smile 

Not as basic as this ... As I explained in the first post, I wish if it is possible a custom interface without a menu bar, a status bar, the scroll bars, the rules, the docks (I certainly forget some) and finally displayed in full screen (so without the window's decoration) to have the maximum area for draw. This interface can be toggled with a simple short key.

Is it more understandable ?

(09-18-2023, 07:57 PM)lenainjaune Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 07:26 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Did you try View > Full screen (F11)?

Hi and thank you to your help Smile 

Not as basic as this ... As I explained in the first post, I wish if it is possible a custom interface without a menu bar, a status bar, the scroll bars, the rules, the docks (I certainly forget some) and finally displayed in full screen (so without the window's decoration) to have the maximum area for draw. This interface can be toggled with a simple short key.

Is it more understandable ?

You can lose the docks (exit single window mode), and everything else can be toggled at the bottom of the View menu.

But not all with a single key out of the box, and AFAIK you can't write a script for that.
(09-18-2023, 08:04 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: and AFAIK you can't write a script for that.

OK and could you explain me why ? Have you the explanation or must I dig or ask this in dev forums ?

And more basically, is Gimp allows us to save our own views organization (which element, where to place, displayed or hidden, and so.) ?

In all cases I can use an external desktop automation tool but I find it less practical.

(09-18-2023, 08:26 PM)lenainjaune Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 08:04 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: and AFAIK you can't write a script for that.

OK and could you explain me why ? Have you the explanation or must I dig or ask this in dev forums ?

And more basically, is Gimp allows us to save our own views organization (which element, where to place, displayed or hidden, and so.) ?

In all cases I can use an external desktop automation tool but I find it less practical.

Because by design scripts and plugins are not meant to interact/interfere with the UI, so there is very little API  that deals with the UI and where there is there are safeguards.
(09-18-2023, 10:35 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 08:26 PM)lenainjaune Wrote:

Because by design scripts and plugins are not meant to interact/interfere with the UI, so there is very little API  that deals with the UI and where there is there are safeguards.

OK I will dig further elsewhere and I will publish my solution when I will found it.

Thank you very much. See you later  Smile

quote - I do not find the location to write my signature ..

Try  User CP at the top left

Smile
In Preferences > Image Windows > Appearance, you can uncheck 'Show  menubar' for Normal and/or Fullscreen modes and just use the context menu for image windows. You can toggle docks on and off with 'Tab' key.
(09-20-2023, 02:37 AM)sallyanne Wrote: quote - I do not find the location to write my signature ..

Try  User CP at the top left

I do not find a signature field and after having fulling all the text areas in my account, it gives what I attached below.

But I do not see a signature field ... and not my just uploaded avatar (jpeg 100x100 11.7 KiB)

Is it in function of my seniority ?

[attachment=10366]