Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toolbox disappears
Hi,
I am happy with the new arrangement of the GIMP toolbox and the grouping of tools.
However, my toolbox has started disappearing almost completely. This is nothing to do with docked dialogs not being displayed or the Ctrl+B key shortcut.
Screenshot of barely visible tools

This view shows a sliver of tools just visible but not usable. When I switch off the Use Toolbox groups checkbox in the Preferences\Toolbox dialog the tools do appear, but I like them grouped.
I am currently teaching a group of people online and I want to present a consistent view for all.
Is there a fix for this problem?
Thank you in hope!
Geoff Stilwell
Never seen that before so the problem might just be yours.

Maybe someone has come across that and has a fix, but in the meantime can you give a few more details.

Is your monitor / display, high resolution or 4k ?  - (A 'perhaps' going by the just visible tops of the icons compared with menu bar)
Did you have a previous version of Gimp installed and which versions - (installing over an existing version)(s) inherits the old settings which might not be compatible with 2.10.18)

On that last one, have you disabled (rename it) the current User Gimp profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP then restart Gimp to create a new default user profile. (Does the problem still show?)
(06-02-2020, 01:05 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Never seen that before so the problem might just be yours.

Maybe someone has come across that and has a fix, but in the meantime can you give a few more details.

Is your monitor / display, high resolution or 4k ?  - (A 'perhaps' going by the just visible tops of the icons compared with menu bar)
Did you have a previous version of Gimp installed and which versions - (installing over an existing version)(s) inherits the old settings which might not be compatible with 2.10.18)

On that last one, have you disabled (rename it) the current User Gimp profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP then restart Gimp to create a new default user profile. (Does the problem still show?)

Thank you Rich2005,

Strangely they have come back all on their own. Previously I had to reinstall GIMP to get the Toolbox back. 

I will keep an eye on what happens and let you know if there's anything significant.

Thanks again.
Geoff Stilwell