Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tools not showing in the toolbox

I dont know what I have done. Cant just click on them either. How do I get the invisible tools to show again?

Smile
(11-21-2023, 05:45 AM)sallyanne Wrote: I dont know what I have done. Cant just click on them either. How do I get the invisible tools to show again?

If you do not want tool groups in the Toolbox Dock then untick Use tool groups option.

That does not hide the groups in the preferences, and really there are so many tools better to leave as-is. 
You could drag everything out of the groups but why do that.

The different icons:
(1) Is a visible group  and contains both visible Move (shows in toolbox) and hidden (2) Alignment (not in toolbox) 
(3) The group is hidden. It contains both visible Free Select & Scissors and hidden Foreground. Because the group is hidden nothing shows and visible icons show crossed out. If you want to change those, make the group icon visible.

(5) You can also try a reset, but it resets everything.
(6) The toolbox settings are held in a text file toolrc in the User profile. For a re-set you can safely delete that file, Gimp will make a new default when it is next used.
(11-21-2023, 05:45 AM)sallyanne Wrote: I dont know what I have done. Cant just click on them either. How do I get the invisible tools to show again?

Like in the Layers list, the crossed-out eye means that the item is not visible because its parent is not visible.

Remember that you can drag and drop things to you heart's desire. My own toolbox has groups, but they aren't not the default ones, not is the ordering or the tools that stand alone... FWIW, here is my setup:

Thanks guys.
Ah I think I remember what I did now.
Before I found the setting to untick Use tool groups options I did untick a couple of groups and then that one. Cant remember when but I do remember doing that. Let me have a look and I'll get back to you and let you know if that's it.

That was it. Now they are all back

Smile