Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transform
Question 
Do you have a tutorial for this or can someone explain to me how I can move a picture to a distorted view. ie into the shape you want it and then anchor to  another layer
iwarp only shows the active layer and I don't understand Warp

Edit:- Looks like it may be the cage transform...just saw a video about it on YouTube.

Smile
Sallyanne, I don't enough understand your question. Anyway I wanted to arise your question up so that someone who can give solution to your requirement.
Please, could you give the link for the video? I want to learn the more, the better about gimp.
@sallyanne,
There is a bug with cage transform. It was reported several months ago, but unfortunately has not yet been fixed.
(A useful tool when working.)
david.
(01-26-2017, 12:18 PM)david Wrote: @sallyanne,
There is a bug with cage transform. It was reported several months ago, but unfortunately has not yet been fixed.
(A useful tool when working.)
david.

That is a linux problem, AFAIK cage-transform works in Windows.

In linux it is one of the libraries that is the problem but fixed in linux Gimp 2.9.5 dev  It is one of my least favourite tools. 

Easy enough to apply, click round the canvas to create nodes, when you get back to the 1st node the tool maps the image and you can drag the nodes to deform the image. You will need to cut out any background that remains.

In Gimp 2.9.5 there is a new tool, n-point deformation. Makes a grid, then click and pull to deform.

If the object of the exercise is deform an image to a predefined shape, say a diamond, there might be a plugin but not one I know.
@rich2005,
I only use linux, but I have seen various messages on the web which suggest there is a problem with cage transform when using windows.
Hope you are right, so that sallyanne will be able to use it!
david.
@ Rich, Awhile back I deformed a picture (that was on another layer) to fit inside a frame, eg. an outdoor theatre screen. I am thinking it could have been this tool I used but am not 100% sure. Maybe I used my other gimp which is a 2.9.3 - it has a unified transform tool. Cant remember.(Definitely wasn't a script or anything like that.) https://www.flickr.com/photos/115367823@...1/sizes/o/ Think I just figured it out.....I had to keep the perspective of the picture so with that in mind just looked at the perspective tool. Must have been it.
@ Issabella this is the video I was talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL8TepHX0qE
Thank you so much Sallyanne.
Quote:... Awhile back I deformed a picture (that was on another layer) to fit inside a frame, eg. an outdoor theatre screen. I am thinking it could have been this tool I used but am not 100% sure. Maybe I used my other gimp which is a 2.9.3..

It could have been, the new features in 2.9.x have to be enabled in edit -> preferences -> playground

I seem to remember your post and a good subject to use as a demo and preserve the plugin ob-align.py which is now hard to find.

see: http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-4-point...936#pid936