Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translucent images not working
When I try to use a translucent image in GIMP, whether I lower the opacity in GIMP or imported a translucent image, there aren't any translucent pixels and it just ends up like this (image attached). I have an alpha channel and translucent images used to work fine on this exact file. I thought it was a bug, but after downgrading from 2.10.32 to 2.10.28, the problem persists. Can anyone figure out the problem?
Image is not attached... Is the image color indexed (GIF, or some PNG)? Color-indexed images do not support partial opacity.
(09-24-2022, 12:30 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Image is not attached... Is the image color indexed (GIF, or some PNG)? Color-indexed images do not support partial opacity.

Basically instead of partial opacity it just has a bunch of transparent pixels. My images are not color-indexed.

(09-24-2022, 12:30 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Image is not attached... Is the image color indexed (GIF, or some PNG)? Color-indexed images do not support partial opacity.

Here's an imgur link. https://imgur.com/a/IVS8l0s
Which are supposed to be the translucent pixels? The background purple ones? The dark gray ones?
(09-25-2022, 07:06 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Which are supposed to be the translucent pixels? The background purple ones? The dark gray ones?

The entire image is supposed to be transparent.
(09-27-2022, 05:29 PM)NotZaky Wrote: The entire image is supposed to be transparent.

Be careful with that kind of comment or you will got something like this (just below)

What you meant is the surrounding background

You need to export as .png, what I did on your image is Colors > Color to alpha then select the BG color with that filter, then export with the extension ".png"