Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with ofn-text-along-path
Sad 
When trying to select the font:

Error message:

Huh Thanks!
This is a known bug in Gimp 2.10.16 and Gimp 2.10.18 that makes fonts/brush/pattern selectors in dialogs misbehave. A solution is to go back to 2.10.14, unless this is what is fixed in the "gimp-2.10.18-setup-2.exe". for Windows (but I don't know for sure, what is fixed in the code isn't always published at once).

Don't use Gimp 2.10.16 as it has file integrity problems.

Some people could have fixed their 2.10.18 by reusing libraries from previous versions.
(03-31-2020, 12:46 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: This is a known bug in Gimp 2.10.16 and Gimp 2.10.18 that makes fonts/brush/pattern selectors in dialogs misbehave. A solution is to go back to 2.10.14, unless this is what is fixed in the "gimp-2.10.18-setup-2.exe". for Windows (but I don't know for sure, what is fixed in the code isn't always published at once).

Don't use Gimp 2.10.16 as it has file integrity problems.

Some people could have fixed their 2.10.18 by reusing libraries from previous versions.

Well, as I needed the plug-in, I have ventured to patch it: it required only adding

Code:
        if fontName=="Sans": #patch
            fontName = pdb.gimp_context_get_font() #patch
at lines 697 and 707, and selecting the right font in the text tool. I think it disables ONLY the default 'Sans' choice--shows as selected, but the font in the text tool is applied instead (tested on the single line option).
Attached the patched plug-in: the trouble seems likely to crop up recurrently, by what I understand of the reports in the bugboard.