Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When trying to copy and paste and image, the clipboard mask is pasted
I am running GIMP 2.10 from the Linux Environment in ChromeOS.

Copy and Pasting an image, either with the keyboard shortcut or the right click menu, always results in me pasting the image AND the mask. the mask image mask is colored black. i want to paste just the image without the mask. I have tried dragging the clipboard image from the buffer menu and it works, the image is intact, it's just when pasting with ctrl + v and the edit menu that this happens. 

the issue also shows up when copy pasting from a selection.

How can i copy an image and paste just the image? is there a setting that i missed? 

i never had this issue before while i was using it on a windows pc.
(08-03-2023, 05:54 AM)RAlena Wrote: I am running GIMP 2.10 from the Linux Environment in ChromeOS.

Copy and Pasting an image, either with the keyboard shortcut or the right click menu, always results in me pasting the image AND the mask. the mask image mask is colored black. i want to paste just the image without the mask. I have tried dragging the clipboard image from the buffer menu and it works, the image is intact, it's just when pasting with ctrl + v and the edit menu that this happens. 

How can i copy an image and paste just the image? is there a setting that i missed? 

The image and the mask?  You  mean that the transparent pixels are copied as non-transparent black pixels?
(08-03-2023, 07:00 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 05:54 AM)RAlena Wrote: I am running GIMP 2.10 from the Linux Environment in ChromeOS.

The image and the mask?  You  mean that the transparent pixels are copied as non-transparent black pixels?

Yes, that's it. I thought if i said "Transparent Layer removed while pasting", it'll sound too vague.