Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adding text
I know how to add text the simple way. Let me explain how I would do it. Then I will ask either:
Why this method now longer works and how to adjust the settings so it does.
or
Do you have a suggestion of how to add text that will give me the added benefits.

I’ll back up.
I first type out my text in a text software such as MS Word. I do this so that I can use the spell checker. I can also save this as a file. This way, modifications to the text are easy to do. I would copy this text (ctrl+c). I would then open up Gimp. I would add text in the usual way. However, instead of typing it, I would paste it.

This no longer works. My new copy of Gimp will not recognise text in the copy and paste function. Is there a setting in Gimp that can be changed? Perhaps there is a setting in Gimp that can be set so that it will recognize text in the copy and paste function. In my new copy of Gimp this toggle is not set properly but it was set properly in my old copy of Gimp. Huh
There is no setting I know of in Gimp preferences. Difficult to say when a MacOS is involved.

I sometimes have a similar problem, often cured by re-selecting the entry in the linux clipboard manager. Sometimes fixed by pasting into a pure text editor to remove any formatting. Then select from that and paste into Gimp.

First thing to try is some text in a pure text editor and a copy/paste into Gimp. Maybe I am lucky, my linux text editor kwrite also has a spell check.