Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu's GIMP JPG vs Windiws' jpg
Hi guys,
Using GIMP with my Ubuntu  for long, but now I met a problem. Make long story short, we have an older smart TV (maybe first generation), reads only jpg file as picture. This TV is used as a display, different infos appears on screen for audience (I am volunteer in a theater) using its slide show option. Each time when I create a jpg file with GIMP with my Ubuntu, between the two slides the changing time is 30 seconds, accompanied with black screen. 

GIMP Ubuntu jpg -> 30 sec black screen -> GIMP Ubuntu jpg  -> 30 sec black screen -> GIMP Ubuntu jpg......

When I export the picture to jpg Gimp Ubuntu, I set up the quality to 100%, that's all the changes I do.
Because of the long changing time I always need to open these jpg files on windows PC and save them again (which is wasting my time, espacially when something important need to be shown before the show and need to be fast). After opening and saving on Win the changing of slides is normal, means no black screen among slides.
So my question is what is the difference between ubuntu GIMP jpg and windiws jpg file? Should I set up something in GIMP before export?

Any help appriciated.

Ps. I know that would be a great solution to install GIMP to win PCs, but there are occasion when I am working from home.
Many "appliances" are using some ancient firmware that doesn't recognize "progressive" JPEG (despite this being part of the standard for over 20 years) . So just unset that in Gimp's JPEG advanced options.