Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use mouse scroll to change tool size by 50% only
(09-30-2021, 09:39 AM)PixLab Wrote: With key modifier increase - decrease by:
Shift = 0.1
Alt = 1
Ctrl = 10

Thanks PixLab that works very well for most of my resizing.  This makes my editing procedures much easier. I have only set 1 and 10, 10 with standard wheel and 1 with Ctrl.  I like Ctrl because it is easy for me to find on the keyboard without looking.

Unfortunately Gimp froze on me (not related to this).  I had to boot the computer and once again lost the settings.  This time I exited Gimp after making the changes.  This works with my custom templates which also disappear with an unexpected reboot.  When I reentered Gimp the settings were maintained.
This time I exited Gimp after making the changes.
Good thinking, especially when you have unexpected reboot.

I would recommend time to time to backup (duplicate) your profile > it's the 2.10 folder,
You just make a copy of the 2.10 folder time to time and if one day you got a problem, you just replace it by your latest copy Wink
where to find your profile > https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/
I found a Gimp 2 folder with a Gimp sub folder and a 2 sub folder under that under program files and backed it all up.  I couldn't find any 2.10 folders?  I am using 2.10.22.

I was inspired by this subject and added Alt functions to scroll  to control the angle which I use with the rectangular block 1 clone.  I also noted Alt Ctrl for the aspect ratio already there which is also useful with the block 1 brush.  Gimp keeps getting better!

(10-01-2021, 03:58 AM)PixLab Wrote: This time I exited Gimp after making the changes.
Good thinking, especially when you have unexpected reboot.

I would recommend time to time to backup (duplicate) your profile > it's the 2.10 folder,
You just make a copy of the 2.10 folder time to time and if one day you got a problem, you just replace it by your latest copy Wink
where to find your profile > https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/