Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use py in gimp windows
I have search the internet on how to use py script in gimp for windows

1. I did add the script in    C:\Users\hqqqq\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts
2. I did run filters\python-fu\conslole
2. Did run  print gimp.directory nd gives me this     C:\Users\hendr\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10

Now I am not sure on how to rum the script, if I cannot see it.
Is it a python script you wrote ? or a python plugin you downloaded. That brings up installation location. It is a plugin and goes in C:\Users\hqqqq\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Scripts and plugins normally run from one of the Gimp menus, it depends on the plugin.

Give more details of the plugin
(02-07-2022, 08:49 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Is it a python script you wrote ? or a python plugin you downloaded. That brings up installation location. It is a plugin and goes in C:\Users\hqqqq\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Scripts and plugins normally run from one of the Gimp menus, it depends on the plugin.

Give more details of the plugin

Good morning  rich2005 (thank for all t your help)

I have downloaded the scrip from the internet
The scrip is to spin a coin round front, and back, I did do all the images for it.

Here is the name of the scripts/plugin,  on the website it said it must go to plug-in

1 BA_Spinning_Coin_Anim.py
Goes in plugins C:\Users\hqqqq\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

How to find a plugin location in the Gimp menu system ? Use Gimp Help menu. This one is very obvious.

The plugin works like this:
You need a front layer
You need a back layer - to keep orientation flip vertically then flip horizontally
You need an edge layer, some sort of pattern - up to you to

example https://i.imgur.com/xKstsUZ.mp4

and the result

Snags: It does resize the original image, so start off larger than required.  There are other ways shown on that GimpChat page. That is where the experts on spinning coins reside. Maybe add a question end of that post.
(02-07-2022, 10:39 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Goes in plugins C:\Users\hqqqq\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

How to find a plugin location in the Gimp menu system ? Use Gimp Help menu. This one is very obvious.

You need a front layer
You need a back layer - to keep orientation flip vertically then flip horizontally

and the result

Snags: It does resize the original image, so start off larger than required.  There are other ways shown on that GimpChat page. That is where the experts on spinning coins reside. Maybe add a question end of that post.

Thank you, for helping
(02-07-2022, 10:39 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Goes in plugins C:\Users\hqqqq\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

You need a front layer

and the result

Hi rich2005

I did do everything (still learning and a lot form you) but How do I test it, the video just stop with oiut showing how
You need to know how to export an animation ?

You ran the plugin and now have the 36 layers (1) 
Same as any other image use File -> Export , choose a location and give the image a name with the .gif extension (2) and click the Export button
That gets the Export Image as GIF dialogue, set As animation (3) , loop forever (4) , one frame per layer (replace) (5)
Then click on export to make the gif animation file.  You can usually view the something.gif file in a web browser or use a image file viewer , (not sure what is the best one in Windows)
Video 
(02-07-2022, 01:24 PM)rich2005 Wrote: You need to know how to export an animation ?

You ran the plugin and now have the 36 layers (1) 
Same as any other image use File -> Export , choose a location and give the image a name with the .gif extension (2) and click the Export button
That gets the Export Image as GIF dialogue, set As animation (3) , loop forever (4) , one frame per layer (replace) (5)
Then click on export to make the gif animation file.  You can usually view the something.gif file in a web browser or use a image file viewer , (not sure what is the best one in Windows)

Thank you, but mine is still looking like a cat that has 6 eyes.
Trying to add gif file, but does not want to add it
Post the single image of the coin you made and I will make a step by step video you can follow.
(02-07-2022, 01:43 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Post the single image of the coin you made and I will make a step by step video you can follow.

Thank you, let me try to get it to add