Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use unique image in two or more layes
Hi,

I need to use one single image, and replicate it in different parts of the canva. So when I change the image, all the replication will auto change.

Please see the attached image as an example, where I have multiple layers showing different red dots across the canva.

Now I need to change this red dot to a different image, but I do not wish to go through all layers changing one by one. I would like to change the red dot in one single place, and affect all layers.

Is it possible to do something like that in Gimp?

Thank you in advance.

Please let me know if the explanation is not 100% clear. Thank you again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Isolate the red dots in a new layer and use the ofnuts 'interleave layers plugin' to put the dots in the other layers.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-to...s/scripts/
Basic answer is no.

However, since these are plain red dots drawn along "paths" (as a generic term), if you create Gimp paths and use the dot as a brush that you stroke along the path (Edit > Stroke path with adequate spacing, or one of my scripts that tweaks the spacing to make sure you have an exact number of spaces/dots) , recreating the dots if you want another shape is a rather simple matter.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but wouldn't this be easily accomplished by making a new transparent layer on top with only the dots, then change those only to whatever you want?
(11-09-2023, 02:13 AM)Gimp_charles Wrote: Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but wouldn't this be easily accomplished by making a new transparent layer on top with only the dots, then change those only to whatever you want?

Indeed that's the first thought if we think as a simple static image, merge those dots in one layer or new from visible with only dots.
> BUT we don't know what the OP want to do, for example: if it's for an animated movement of the red dots around/along the road, OP needs different layer for each dot...
> Also does the OP wants to do a template as he speaks about "I need to change this red dot to a different image"... What is a "different image" for the OP? An image or a layer....
Patrice
Maybe if you put all your images/layers in a group?

Smile