Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When scaled down edges looks jagged
(03-11-2018, 06:51 PM)chrisj Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 08:33 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 12:46 AM)chrisj Wrote: Can I ask, what is the best way to change to another color other than black?

1. Remove any selection (in particular, not alpha to selection...)(*)
  2. Alpha-lock the layer (click on the checkerboard icon on the "Lock" line at the top of the Layers list)
  3. Bucket fill the whole layer, the alpha-lock will preserve the transparency of all layers.
(*) To be accurate you can have a selection, but all the pixels of the object (including its edge pixels) should be fully selected. For instance if you want to change the color of just the brown line, you can fuzzy-select it, and then Select>Grow by 2px to make sure to include all the edges.

Thanks for your reply/instructions, but, sorry, I'm not really understanding it..
If I open the bulb.png in GIMP nothing is selected yet, right? So, 'remove any selections" isn't clear to me.
Then I open up the tools drop-down, and the layers, channels, brushes... drop-down (see attached image) and I select basic image, I see no 'alpha-lock'. 
Any additional direction will be appreciated.

"Any selection" is a selection, if there is one. Of course if you start from scratch, there is none, but if you use this procedure in the middle of a workflow there could be one.