Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using GIMP 2.8.22, Moving Back and Forth Among Layers
I just finished working with my 6th layer, and now I see that I need to go back to my 4th and 5th layers and adjust them. How do I toggle back and forth among layers?
You can:
  • Select them in the Layers list.
  • Click on them with the Move tool (if in Pick a layer or guide mode, and with Preferences > Tool options > Move tool: Set layer or path as active, that are both defaults IIRC)
  • Use the Layer ➤ Stack ➤ Select * entries
  • Use the [PgUp],[PgDn],[Home],[End] keys (shortcuts for the above)
(07-05-2022, 06:47 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: You can:
  • Select them in the Layers list.
  • Click on them with the Move tool (if in Pick a layer or guide mode, and with Preferences > Tool options > Move tool: Set layer or path as active, that are both defaults IIRC)
  • Use the Layer ➤ Stack ➤ Select * entries
  • Use the [PgUp],[PgDn],[Home],[End] keys (shortcuts for the above)

Thank you for replying! Where is my "Layers list"? I have a "Layers" drop-down menu at the top, but I don't see a list of my layers anywhere....  Also, I have a "Select previous layer" in the "Stack" menu, but it's greyed out.
My layer list is lower right.  It has always been there.  I believe it is found in the Window drop down menu under dockable dialogs.

(07-05-2022, 11:42 PM)zeuspaul Wrote: My layer list is lower right.  It has always been there.  I believe it is found in the Window drop down menu under dockable dialogs.

Thank you, zeuspaul!!!!