Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 2.10.20
Flatpak on my system automatically updated to 2.10.20 just a few days ago.  The official version is still  2.10.18.

I did a search, but I can't find a list of what was changed, just a few youtube videos like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXZ73tIdxH8

Does anyone know where a list of changes is for at least 2.10.19?
This came from the developers log files - dare say it will appear in the Gimp News soon.
------------------------------------
GIMP 2.10.20 comes with new features as well as important bugfixes.
Notable changes:
Tool groups now expand on hover rather than click by default
Non-destructive cropping now available by cropping the canvas rather than actual pixels
Better PSD support: exporting of 16-bit files now available, reading/writing channels in the right order
On-canvas controls for the Vignette filter
New filters: Bloom, Focus Blur, Lens Blur, Variable Blur
Over 30 bugfixes
------------------------------------
Just updated my PClinuxOS desktop to Gimp 2.10.20
The bug fix I looked for is the plugin font .. etc selector That is working now.
..and they finally got the text-to-path direction bug (reported by Ofnuts) fixed
Those blurs might be quite interesting, Plenty on canvas controls (edit: Ah ...I see that is what the video is about)
"Tool groups now expand on hover rather than click by default"

Doesn't seem to work, even if I set the option in the preferences.
Hover Over  is just to display what is in the tool group. Want to change the tool?  That still requires a click on the group icon.

Yeah that is what I mean. THe only pop up I get is with the tools that are not in a group. I cannot get the screen shot you have there. This is not a big deal really. I know exactly where all my tools are anyway. I can, however, change tools in a group with the mouse wheel while hovering. I am not sure if that is new.
They do change with the scroll wheel, never noticed that.
Yes, one cool feature. And in the Preferences you can reorganize the whole thing, make new groups, move things around, put some outside groups, etc... You get the tool box as you want it.
(06-10-2020, 11:32 AM)mholder Wrote: "Tool groups now expand on hover rather than click by default"

Doesn't seem to work, even if I set the option in the preferences.

Back to the problem

Which preference did you set ?  I had 'Show on hover in single coloumn` but possible 'Show on hover' is better.

I get no pop up after setting either option. I do get a pop up hovering over tools that are not in groups at all.

By the way, the tool groups are nice, but I mainly use them for the transform tools. It is better than having a whole bunch of them taking up space.

And grouping the pencil, paintbrush, airbrush, inking tool. That kind of thing,
It works as indented here (Windows).

I guess the default setting is set to When Tools in Single Column, because when they are laid in multiple columns, the popup covers the adjacent tools.