Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viewing Layers as Individual Pages
I cleaned up a 78 page old photocopied document. Very easy by increasing contrast on the colors tab. After editing each page and saved it  - they became layers. I saved as .xcf  and exported to .png. In either case, I cannot view the separate layers so that I can print each page.  Any suggestions?
What format is the original 78 page photocopied document ?
Individual pages (jpeg / tiff / something else)
or
Multi-page Tiff or .psd or something else.

What is the page size in pixels ? Just asking, it might give a clue to your image processing.

Quote:...After editing each page and saved it - they became layers. I saved as .xcf and exported to .png..

Export a multi-layer file to png and it becomes a single page. What you get is what you see.

For printing a document the best format is PDF .. but.. Gimp makes large file size PDF due to low internal compression. That might not be a problem if it is only for your use.

If you want to print an individual page from your multi-page .xcf Toggle layer visibility off for all layers except the one required.

edit: A 25 second example of the layer visibility toggle. Hold the shift key down, click on the icon. Also a quick way to get a single layer out for viewing /printing. Click on the layer and drag into the toolbox https://i.imgur.com/l6OhFaw.mp4
There are also scripts to export layers as individual images, for instance my own ofn-export-layers.