Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wacom one pressure problem in Gimp
Hello! I just got my new Wacom one and wanted to test it out in Gimp but ran into the problem that pressure sensitivity (of the pen) is not working. I ran into similar problems before with my last tablet so I tried out a few things:
- connect the tablet before opening Gimp
- check that I was using pressure opacity or a pressure-sensitive setting when using pen or brush
- go to the setting where you can check that gimp recognizes the tablet and put the tablet as "screen" and save.

I also checked whether the problem may be the tablet by downloading a random drawing program and testing it out. There the pressure from the pen works.
I also downloaded the newer 2.10.2 version of Gimp thinking that maybe the older version is not compatible.

If anyone got an idea what I might have to do to make this work I'd love some ideas, I enjoy the new tablet a lot and would love to be able to paint and draw. Please be aware I'm not very knowledgable about the technical sides of GimpShy

Thanks in advance!
(09-26-2020, 10:01 AM)Apo Wrote: Hello! I just got my new Wacom one and wanted to test it out in Gimp but ran into the problem that pressure sensitivity (of the pen) is not working. I ran into similar problems before with my last tablet so I tried out a few things:
- connect the tablet before opening Gimp
- check that I was using pressure opacity or a pressure-sensitive setting when using pen or brush
- go to the setting where you can check that gimp recognizes the tablet and put the tablet as "screen" and save.

I also checked whether the problem may be the tablet by downloading a random drawing program and testing it out. There the pressure from the pen works.
I also downloaded the newer 2.10.2 version of Gimp thinking that maybe the older version is not compatible.

If anyone got an idea what I might have to do to make this work I'd love some ideas, I enjoy the new tablet a lot and would love to be able to paint and draw. Please be aware I'm not very knowledgable about the technical sides of GimpShy

Thanks in advance!

Hey, were you ever able to figure this out? I am having the same issue with my Wacom One.