Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went from low PPI to high and now there appear white pixel
Shocked 
Hello there!

I imported a picture from a 70 PPI document into a 150 PPI one and made it bigger. Then i wanted to fill out some space with orange colour but I get this result witht white pixels at the borders.

Is there a way to solve this or do I have to redo the borders?

Thanks!

[Image: IMG_20181023_005357.png]
I assume you used the fuzzy select? It won't select the edge of things because they are a blend of the colors of the subject and the background. And if you increase the threshold the edges gets pixellated. To keep the smooth edges:
  • Make sure you have an alpha channel: Layer>Transparency>Add alpha channel
  • Make the background transparent:
    • Fuzzy select the background (standard threshold)
    • Select>Grow by two pixels, so that the selection covers the edge pixels
    • Color>Color to alpha and remove the background color. The edge pixels will become partially transparent.
  • Set the bucket-fill tool to Behind mode (this is the selector at the top of the Tool options), and bucket-fill the selection with the new color. The partially-transparent pixels will be partially painted, becoming a blend of the subject color and the new background color.
Thanks for your help, it worked so far but somehow i have there completely transparent corners now?
[Image: whyisthat.png]
Did you redo the selection in between? In practice given the colors you can bucket-fill the whole layer in Behind mode, this should fill all the holes.