Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wertkzeug (nicht vorhanden? wie beenden?)
Hi, bin noch am Überlegen, in welches Grafik-Programm ich tiefer einsteigen soll. Gimp macht ja einen sehr vielseitigen Eindruck und bietet  auch eine umfangreiche Hilfefunktion. Was mir aber fürs erste aufgefallen ist, bzw. was ich vermisse (vielleicht auch in der Hilfe  übersehen habe):
Z.B. etwas mit dem "Stift" zeichnen - wie kann man das Werkzeug ganz ablegen, bzw. beenden? (So dass man mit der Maus über das Bild fahren kann, ohne dass etwas verändert wird, z.B. um einen Betrachter auf etwas audmerksam zu machen.)
Es gibt zwar u. a. eine kreisförmige Auswahl - wo ist aber ein Werkzeug, mit dem man einen Kreis (Ellipse, Rechteck usw.) zeichnen kann, was ja in vielen anderen Programmen zur Standardausstattung gehört?
Viele Grüße
Hannes

Hi, I'm still thinking about which graphics program I should go deeper into. Gimp makes a very versatile impression and also offers an extensive help function. What I noticed first, or what I miss (maybe I overlooked it in the help): E.g. drawing something with the "pen" - how can you put the tool down completely or end it? (So that you can move the mouse over the image without changing anything, e.g. to draw the viewer's attention to something.) There are u. a. a circular selection - but where is a tool to draw a circle (ellipse, rectangle, etc.), which is standard in many other programs? Many greetings Hannes

The language of this forum is English so please post in English. If you can't write English, then use a translation tool. A translation has been added to your post using Google Translate, but it's not the admins' job to run the translations for you.
In Gimp there is always a tool active. There is no need in the UI to select "objects" or point a things (at best you select "layers") if it is not done in the context of a tool, so the "pointing" in an integral part of every tool and there is no "do-nothing" pointer (but if you want to proctect you from accidental changes, you can use the Measure tool (Measure))  

Otherwise, Gimp is a bitmap editor, it is not a tool to create diagrams or such. If this is an important part of your workflow, look elsewhere (LibreOffice Draw, for instance).
Quote:So that you can move the mouse over the image without changing anything, e.g. to draw the viewer's attention to something.

Um... To draw the viewer attention, you are searching for a presentation (slide show) program like LibreOffice Impress https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/impress/
(10-23-2022, 03:18 AM)PixLab Wrote:
Quote:So that you can move the mouse over the image without changing anything, e.g. to draw the viewer's attention to something.

Um... To draw the viewer attention, you are searching for a presentation (slide show) program like LibreOffice Impress https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/impress/

Creating the image and showing it is done by different apps (or the same app in different modes) anyway. Gimp is meant for the creation side...
Actually if you look further into Gimp you can create circles and rectangles by going into gfig under ther menu Filters > Render > Gfig
[attachment=8907]
[attachment=8908]
There are more shapes as well
Granted it is using paths and stroking them but it is the one tool in gimp that will do it all at once. After you practice you will know what brush to use and what size you will need for stroking it. Probably easier to choose these before opening up Gfig

Smile
First of all thank you for all the hints. Looks very good, but my new problem ist: How do I go the page "gfig -. File Edit"? (you gave me a screenshot) Is it also a part of gimp-version 2.8?
Hannes
(10-25-2022, 10:01 AM)Hannes Wrote: First of all thank you for all the hints. Looks very good, but my new problem ist: How do I go the page "gfig -. File Edit"? (you gave me a screenshot) Is it also a part of gimp-version 2.8?
Hannes

As Sallyanne already wrote: "Actually if you look further into Gimp you can create circles and rectangles by going into gfig under ther menu Filters > Render > Gfig"
That's in the German GIMP: Filter > Render > Gfig
And very fast i've googled a German youtube video tutorial: "Sterne, Spiralen,Vielecke - Geometrische Formen mit GIMP erstellen - Bildbearbeitung Tutorial"
That's about Gfig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hwgXcBmWoo
It's great to find such competent helpers here.  Now I know how to reach gfig and how to draw an ellipse (I didn't expect it in the menu "filter") Still one problem remains:  I'd like to draw a thin red ellipse round the name of a city in a map. How can I choose a colour for it?
Hannes
(10-26-2022, 08:48 PM)Hannes Wrote: It's great to find such competent helpers here.  Now I know how to reach gfig and how to draw an ellipse (I didn't expect it in the menu "filter") Still one problem remains:  I'd like to draw a thin red ellipse round the name of a city in a map. How can I choose a colour for it?
Hannes
Excuse me but...have you really read the postings here?
I don't believe so.
I've posted a link to a youtube video tutorial.
Please do me a favor and look at it.
Then there will be no question left....certainly not how to choose a color....

Michael
Thanks again fa lot or your answer. Well, I watched the video, but nevertheless my problem is noct solved. I know how to . choose a color for the filling of the ellipse, but not for the border, neither can I find a tool in order to change the width or size of the pen to draw thicker or thinner circles. Normally one should get a help by clicking on a tool (together with Shilft, Alt. Ctrl etc., but I couldn't get it. One really must get used to gimp!
Hannes