Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Palettes
Question...is there any way to add a complete palette to the Gimp Palette? Have been making new palettes by adding one color at a time to create palettes. Was wondering if there is a way to take the group of colors shown in the screenshot, and add them all at once to make a new palette, or do I have to use color pciker and add them 1 at a time? Thanks for any help.

Attached Files
.webp   skin tones palette.webp (Size: 41.82 KB / Downloads: 115)
Well,  glossing over the ethics of the watermarked image Wink

If you crop the excess from the image and apply a median blur to remove the water mark.

You could of course colour pick and paint swatches into a blank image.

Then for any image 
1. Right click in the palettes dock and select import image palette.
2. Select the image option
3. Give it a name and drop the number of colours down to same as image.
4, Import it
(02-02-2023, 07:12 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Well,  glossing over the ethics of the watermarked image Wink

If you crop the excess from the image and apply a median blur to remove the water mark.

You could of course colour pick and paint swatches into a blank image.

Then for any image 
1. Right click in the palettes dock and select import image.
2. Select the image option
3. Give it a name and drop the number of colours down to same as image.
4, Import it
Oh good heavens. Totally forgot about the watermark! Ooops. Tongue thanks Rich.
Go here https://www.deviantart.com/sallyannester...-798513582 and download the 7z
In the 7z is a gpl for gimp. The jpg (preview) can be downloaded and used as a pallette for other programs.
You can put the file in your user folder for palettes and it will come up as one palette for you 
Oops DA have changed into a HTML doc. I will see if I can get mine zipped and upload it here or somewhere else
I updated theold file
https://www.deviantart.com/sallyannester...-947847526

Smile