Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is PLUGINS in GIMP?
Photo 
I downloaded and unzipped the Resynthesizer files so I can remove a figure from a photo. I can't find the PLUGINS folder in my  GIMP program to add the files. Using WIN10, and GIMP 2.10.32

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edit > Preferences > Folders > Plug-ins. This lists by default  two folders, one in the Gimp installation directory (somewhere under C:\Program files\GIMP\....) and one in your user files (IIRC, somewhere under C:\Users\{your_id}\AppData\Roaming). You can put the files in either, preferably the "user" one so that it's not wiped out if you need to reinstall Gimp.
Photo 
All I've got is Temporary Folder 2.10, and Swap Folder 2.10, per the image attached

Got it. I'm not too bright but I am stubborn and persistant.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Click in the + icon to the left of Folders in the left pane, it will unfold and reveal more folders, including a Plug-ins one:

Here is a tip for first-time users.

As Ofnuts stated, Edit -> Preferences -> Folders shows the plug-in (and others) folder location. (1)

And it is C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins (2) A real PITA since this is a hidden folder.

If you click on the little top-left icon (3) that opens the Gimp User Profile Folders in Windows Explorer (4) Select the plug-ins folder and put the files there

..and while in Windows Explorer enable Hidden Items for future use.