Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Foreground...
when i run the mouse over the photo that i have showing nothing happens...when i turn to black then it rubs the photo out and shows the patern in behind the photo.
Should the white have any affect on the photo or am i missing something?. hope this is clear.
No, not very clear.
Is the image RGB or Indexed ?
Single layer or more than one ?
Which tool are you using ? Eraser tool or Paint too ? If the Paint tool then what is the tool mode (look top of paint tool options)

Post a screenshot of the Gimp GUI showing layers dock and tool options.
(01-22-2022, 06:04 PM)rich2005 Wrote: No, not very clear.
Is the image RGB or Indexed ?
Single layer or more than one ?
Which tool are you using ? Eraser tool or Paint too ? If the Paint tool then what is the tool mode (look top of paint tool options)

Post a screenshot of the Gimp GUI showing layers dock and tool options.

thanks for the reply Rich but i think i.m a bit lost on this, Its RGB, single layer i think,  i was under the impression that if i had the white option open then i would be able to paint over the photo with the paint brush but nothing happens. but if i selected the black option then i can remove some of the photo.
this is purely for practice purposes.
This as an example:  The brush mode set to Darken Only. When the Foreground (FG) is black it paints, when the FG is white, nothing.  What settings do you have ?

If you are using the paint tool, set the mode to 'Normal'
Rich i,m giving up now will revisit tomorrow or the next day, have another go. dont think i,m far away but tired. thank you for your support as i said i,ll try another day when i sleep on it.