Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White pixels at top of screen?
I've got an image that I created for a wallpaper that's displaying a few white pixels at the top of my screen. It's not my monitor, as it's displaying other images just fine. The image in question isn't showing any issues while in GIMP...and the color at that point is the default black. Any ideas as to what might be going on? So far I've exported it as a png and a jpg. Both are displaying the same error.
Assuming that it is not a hardware issue or a Window display issue ( wallpaper / 100% / scaled / fit to display - options)

Does the original image have transparency ? There might be a few stray 'empty' pixels which will take their colour from whatever is set as the background colour. Open the png, zoom in and have a look. You are probably better off with a jpeg as wallpaper. Set the background colour to black and export as a jpeg. The image is flattened and any transparency uses the BG colour.

Otherwise, I do not know.
I have a script that checks for pixels that are transparent or partially transparent - the level can be set.

http://programmer97.byethost10.com/Files...yCheck.zip
Ended up being some dumbtarded on my end...lol. There's a bunch of text in the image and I didn't realize that there was text that hadn't all fit...thus I was getting the bottom of a few fall-letters.