Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win10 64bit: Gimp 2.10.22 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 16 (DTK1660K0A)
I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with a Wacom Cintiq 16 (DTK1660K0A). Every program so far has worked with the devices as expected.

Gimp 2.8 - current stable, 2.10.22, is not recognizing the device under Edit > Preferences > Input Devices / Input Controllers. "Core Pointer" is the only thing appearing under Devices, and no Wacom devices is appearing under Controllers.

I have attempted:
- Latest Wacom drivers
- Earliest available Wacom drivers
- Device Manager > Wacom input (HID Compliant Mouse) > Properties > Update Driver > From Disk > Select from Menu > changing to "HID Compliant Device"
- Reinstalling Drivers
- Reinstalling Gimp
- Toggling various Tablet options
- Calibrating the Tablet specifically for Gimp
- Resetting Gimp preferences
- Rebooting
- Making sure my machine is turned on / plugged in.

Nothing has worked, even temporarily. Gimp refuses to recognize my tablet.

Switching to Linux is not an acceptable solution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have a distant recollection of having to start GIMP using the tablet rather than the mouse in order for it to recognise the tablet (possibly this only applied to the first time).

Also on my system the Wacom doesn't appear in the "Edit/Preferences/Input Devices/Input Controllers" but there are three entries under "Edit/Preferences/Input Devices" - one each for cursor, eraser and stylus - and I have the tablet working with pressure sensitivity.

(10-29-2020, 04:12 AM)t3h m00kz Wrote: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with a Wacom Cintiq 16 (DTK1660K0A). Every program so far has worked with the devices as expected.

Gimp 2.8 - current stable, 2.10.22, is not recognizing the device under Edit > Preferences > Input Devices / Input Controllers. "Core Pointer" is the only thing appearing under Devices, and no Wacom devices is appearing under Controllers.

I have attempted:
- Latest Wacom drivers
- Earliest available Wacom drivers
- Device Manager > Wacom input (HID Compliant Mouse) > Properties > Update Driver > From Disk > Select from Menu > changing to "HID Compliant Device"
- Reinstalling Drivers
- Reinstalling Gimp
- Toggling various Tablet options
- Calibrating the Tablet specifically for Gimp
- Resetting Gimp preferences
- Rebooting
- Making sure my machine is turned on / plugged in.

Nothing has worked, even temporarily. Gimp refuses to recognize my tablet.

Switching to Linux is not an acceptable solution.
I'm having the very similar issue, except I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pro.

Not appearing under Input Controllers, however Gimp recognizes my tablet but I get a circle that appears when I put my pen on tablet. It prevents me from drawing as I move the pen the first 15-30 pixels, resulting in a straight line for that distance.

Same versions and repeated same steps as above with no success.

Edit: should have mentioned that I also tried disabling press and hold in the Control Panel. Start > Control Panel > Pen and Touch > Press and hold settings > disable

Edit: found this similar post, did not help solve the issue: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Freeha...n-straight
Edit: another similar post, turning off rulers as suggested did not help. This post does have some great screenshots to show exactly what I'm experiencing: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-HELP-M...-new-lines