Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win7 64bit Missing libraries in 2.10.4
Every time I load Gimp I have to 'OK' a list of 9 missing libraries; It's making start up very slow and tedious.
I've tried reporting this, maybe I'm being thick, but I can't find Gimp in Bugzilla.
Anyone else having this problem?

The libraries are:
libfftw3-3.dll
libtif3.dll
libtiff3.dll
libgdkglext-win32-1.0-0.dll
liblqr-1-0.dll
libffttw-3.dll
libpng15-15.dll
pcre.dll
Those are not part of Gimp 2.10.4

Did you upgrade from an existing Gimp 2.8 installation? Did you have Plug-ins such as BIMP and G'mic installed in Gimp 2.8

I think some of your old plugins have been migrated during the installation, and are now missing those dependencies.

Might be easy to fix, go into the Gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins and clean out old compiled plugins something.exe and something.dll

Plugins like BIMP which install into the main Gimp folder are not so easy to delete. Go into C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins see if you can spot them.

If you do not have any success, then a complete clean-out and reinstall might be necessary.
(07-31-2018, 01:46 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Those are not part of Gimp 2.10.4

Did you upgrade from an existing Gimp 2.8 installation? Did you have Plug-ins such as BIMP and G'mic installed in Gimp 2.8

I think some of your old plugins have been migrated during the installation, and are now missing those dependencies.

Might be easy to fix, go into  the Gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins and clean out old compiled plugins something.exe and something.dll

Plugins like BIMP which install into the main Gimp folder are not so easy to delete. Go into C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins see if you can spot them.

If you do not have any success, then a complete clean-out and reinstall might be necessary
Many thanks. On closer inspection, I had a lot of rubbish lying around from previous installations. All clear now, much faster load. Happy bunny.