Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing IPTC metadata to jpg?
Hello, bit of a newbie here. 

I am trying to add keyword metadata in GIMP (2.10, on a Windows 10 laptop) for microstock work. I've found the metadata menu, added description and keywords etc in the appropriate boxes - but when i export to jpg it doesn't seem to be there.

If i open the file using irfanview and check the IPTC, there's nothing there. Shutterstock has picked up the title but nothing else (picks up the keywords I add with irfanview though); 123RF manages to find the keywords but not title or description. 

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the quirks of various sites and/or programs? Any suggestions for a foolproof method?!

Thanks! Confused
Works for me, but I can't help notice that the "Save IPTC data" option is not set in the JPEG Save options by default. Did you check this?
(05-05-2018, 08:25 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Works for me, but I can't help notice that the "Save IPTC data" option is not set in the JPEG Save options by default. Did you check this?

I did, I've checked it and saved it as default in the preferences menu. No dice.

Anyway i seems that keywording in irfanview works for all the stock sites i submit to currently so I'm happy with that solution. 

Thanks