Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all .pdf are now open with Gimp, why?
Hi all,

I just installed this program, and for some reason now all my .pdf files has became overcome with the Gimp image and open with this application directly instead of its own acrobat reader.

Just I would like this not happen but after trying to read the 656 pages manual and sort in forum for this situation with no succes I could not find how to turn this off from preferences or default or hidden default or.... what I need to do for this not happen?

If any can help me in this I will aprecciate a lot.

Best regard all

C.
(06-25-2019, 07:57 PM)Chicca Wrote: Hi all,

I just installed this program, and for some reason now all my .pdf files has became overcome with the Gimp image and open with this application directly instead of its own acrobat reader.

Just I would like this not happen but after trying to read the 656 pages manual and sort in forum for this situation with no succes I could not find how to turn this off from preferences or default or hidden default or.... what I need to do for this not happen?

Best regard all

C.

In the folder where the pdf is located, right-click the pdf file.
  • Select Open With, in the menu that appears after the mouse click.
  • In the file options that will appear, choose the option: Choose another application.
  • In the window that appears, choose the application that you want the default to open files of type PDF (Acrobat reader) and check the option:
          Always use this application to open applications .pdf

I hope it solves the situation.
(06-25-2019, 09:12 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 07:57 PM)Chicca Wrote: Hi all,

Best regard all

C.

In the folder where the pdf is located, right-click the pdf file.
  • Select Open With, in the menu that appears after the mouse click.
  • In the file options that will appear, choose the option: Choose another application.
  • In the window that appears, choose the application that you want the default to open files of type PDF (Acrobat reader) and check the option:
          Always use this application to open applications .pdf

I hope it solves the situation.

This wiorked perflectly, many thanks!!! Smile
Quote:...now all my .pdf files has became overcome with the Gimp image and open with this application directly instead of its own acrobat reader....

Just a note on the latest Gimp 2.10 installer gimp-2.10.12-setup-1.exe

There are changes from previous installers. One is setting all graphics file types to open with Gimp. No option to select as with previous installers.

Is this planned or a oversight? Who knows? There is a bug report about this.

Edit: Looks like planned Wink but IMHO not a wonderful idea see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/3546