Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any plugin to batch delete EXIF?
I have a lot of photos born with EXIF (e.g. camera models, GPS information) that I want to get rid of them all.
Yes I know there are other software but I want to make it more handy
to do it in one application within GIMP

Any such plugin?
(09-18-2017, 06:11 AM)louis2008 Wrote: I have a lot of photos born with EXIF (e.g. camera models, GPS information) that I want to get rid of them all.

Any such plugin?

I do not know of a Gimp plugin that will strip exif data, there might be one or someone might write one.

Apart from the old DBP the only GUI batch plugin for Gimp is BIMP and the only way I can see a way out, is batch convert to a format that does not support exif. I did try tiff, which even with compression makes large files, then a repeat BIMP to convert back to (say) jpeg. 

However, always a however, 
It is so much easier using command line ImageMagick, or if you need a GUI, XnViewMP has a clean option which removes the exif in place. 
example: https://i.imgur.com/wxWZpBI.jpg
(09-18-2017, 06:11 AM)louis2008 Wrote: I have a lot of photos born with EXIF (e.g. camera models, GPS information) that I want to get rid of them all.

Any such plugin?

More handy than

Code:
exiftool -all= foo.jpg
(09-18-2017, 09:46 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:

Any such plugin?

More handy than

Code:
exiftool -all= foo.jpg

Sorry I don't understand how to use this code?

Can I use it to batch delete EXIF in GIMP?

I know how to delete a single image , but I need batch
(09-18-2017, 12:11 PM)louis2008 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 09:46 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:

Any such plugin?

More handy than

Code:
exiftool -all= foo.jpg

Sorry I don't understand how to use this code?

Can I use it to batch delete EXIF in GIMP?

I know how to delete a single image , but I need batch

Not in Gimp, in a command prompt. Gimp is a total overkill for this. And it is going to be slow, since it uncompresses and recompresses images (whch introduces a slight lost of data, by the way). With Gimp, losing the Exif is just a side-effect. Something like:

Code:
FOR /F  %%F IN (dir /b /s *.JPG) DO exiftool -all= %F

Exif tool keeps the original version of your file (named _original). When you feel more confident you can use:

Code:
FOR /F  %%F IN (dir /b /s *.JPG) DO exiftool -overwrite_original -all= %F

(the syntax of the commands above is made up from examples found on the web, need to be tested/checked by someone with access to Windows).