Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blurring a photo
I am wanting some help with blurring parts of a photo...for example blurring the face of a person in the photo
(01-17-2019, 08:09 PM)mac27030 Wrote: I am wanting some help with blurring parts of a photo...for example blurring the face of a person in the photo

Select the part you want to blur using one of the select tools,  like Free Select Tool or Pen Tool,  then with that part selected go to Filters on the top bar and choose Blur>Gaussian Blur,  use the amount of blur you want.
(01-17-2019, 10:04 PM)Rohugh Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:09 PM)mac27030 Wrote: I am wanting some help with blurring parts of a photo...for example blurring the face of a person in the photo

Select the part you want to blur using one of the select tools,  like Free Select Tool or Pen Tool,  then with that part selected go to Filters on the top bar and choose Blur>Gaussian Blur,  use the amount of blur you want.

thanks I will see if I can find those tools
(01-18-2019, 01:18 AM)mac27030 Wrote: thanks I will see if I can find those tools

Beginners often need a bit more than the bare bones.

Make a selection using one of the selection tools (1) Then a choice in Filters blur (2) Pixelise is often a good choice.

[Image: U3sXSj8.jpg]

but not the only one: Gimp is great for experimenting. Adjust sliders to suit.

[Image: 1MiHwZi.jpg]

When finished kill the selection Select -> None
thanks for the step by step...very helpful