Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bold text
Is it possible to chose bold text with a toggle button so I don't have to click on bold every time I type a new text in the same picture? Thanks in advance. Gimp 2.10.6 / windows 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can not see any way of toggling bold on/of other than selecting the text & clicking the icon. It is called faux (ie. false) bold and if possible you should be using the bold version of the font.

It came in after Gimp 2.6 with the on-canvas text tool, which replicates the legacy Text Editor, where you also have to select the text to apply the effect. You can still use that, it is there in the text tool options, but there is no real advantage.
(10-12-2018, 09:26 AM)rich2005 Wrote: I can not see any way of toggling bold on/of other than selecting the text & clicking the icon. It is called faux (ie. false) bold and if possible you should be using the bold version of the font.

It came in after Gimp 2.6 with the on-canvas text tool, which replicates the legacy Text Editor,  where you also have to select the text to apply the effect. You can still use that, it is there in the text tool options, but there is no real advantage.

Thanks for the quick answer.