Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[bug] Gimp freezes & crashes when I do, well, anything.
Bug 
Recently, I've been having troubles with GIMP.
I've used the program for upwards of about 1-2 years now, and this issue just appeared.
To start, I run Windows 10 (and have since it came out). I used the 2nd newest major version of gimp (white theme by default) but just recently updated to 2.10 (dark theme by default).

I can open up gimp and it will work perfectly; until I do literally ANYTHING (create a new image, apply an effect, open a menu, etc...)
When I was using the older version of GIMP, this would only sometimes happen, and only when I saved or exported an image. Now, this happens 100% of the time.

I did some research; it looks like the solution, if any, can be different for everyone. Any help would be appreciated! 

This is what I've tried so far:
-Restarting laptop (no duh...)
-Updating GIMP ( 2.x => 2.10)
-Uninstalling & installing GIMP
-Increasing priority in Task Manager

Nothing seems to work.

If you have a solution to this problem or are experiencing the same thing, please let me know ASAP.

Thank you.
Can you be a bit more specific about how Gimp crashes? Freezes? Disappears entirely? Displays en error messages/dialog?
Can you start Gimp in verbose mode (edit the shortcut, add a --verbose in the command) and see if any more information appears in the auxiliary terminal window?