Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't get two blacks to match
In this PNG of 5 tally marks, the 5th one (going across) is visibly blacker & shinier than the others.  I'd like it to match the other 4, but I'm struggling to figure out what the difference is. 

Just grabbing pixels with the eye-dropper both sets seem about the same, a mix of solid black and colors that are close to black.  I thought it might be the alpha values, but I tried Layer > Transparency > Threshold Alpha and at 99% there's still a noticeable difference between the pixels that are left.

Any help greatly appreciated.

https://ibb.co/T1DRhTH
(10-08-2020, 03:50 PM)ottenm Wrote: In this PNG of 5 tally marks, the 5th one (going across) is visibly blacker & shinier than the others.  I'd like it to match the other 4, but I'm struggling to figure out what the difference is. 

Just grabbing pixels with the eye-dropper both sets seem about the same, a mix of solid black and colors that are close to black.  I thought it might be the alpha values, but I tried Layer > Transparency > Threshold Alpha and at 99% there's still a noticeable difference between the pixels that are left.

Any help greatly appreciated.

https://ibb.co/T1DRhTH

I didn't really understand what your difficulty is.
Use the Color Picker tool to select the desired color.
I did alpha for selection.
I created a new transparent layer and in this layer with the selection still active I filled it with black (Selected with the Color picker tool).
The 5 strokes were all the same.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks a ton Krikor, I appreciate your help!
I'm sure I'm missing something, but the crossed one still looks (slightly) blacker and shinier to me and I still can't find any noticeable differences in the shades of black. As expected, the edges of the swiped one are pixelated, where the edges around the more vertical ones alpha out more smoothly. Not sure if that's it, or just a mental issue on my end. Wink
I free-selected just the body of the angled swipe and lightened it a bit. It doesn't look right zoomed in, but at normal size (to me at least), it doesn't stand out anymore. Go fig!
Thanks again for your help though!
Mike