Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Path Tool
Hi everyone, I'm using the path tool to create roads, is there a way to get the random green dots in the picture all along the road 
(inside where the red is) perhaps kind of like spacing rather than do it manually? thanks  Smile

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: lkeo8yV.jpg]" />
(06-25-2023, 06:08 PM)fluffypanda Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm using the path tool to create roads

I cannot understand how you did get a messy road like that with the path tool, sorry if I sound rude, that's not my intention, but I think the problem is somewhere else, especially if you use the path tool to make roads as it should be very neat.

Quick example using the path tool, then just stroke the path to different size, the whole thing in less than 1 minute!

I deleted my reply because PixLab's is better Smile
If you make the red part by stroking  a path, you can make random dots by stroking a slightly narrower line in green on another layer, and set this layer to  Dissolve mode with reduced opacity.

You can get pretty much the same result by stroking the path with the paint brush that you set to Dissolve mode but you can't easily adjust the opacity (requires more tries).
The original question is a bit vague, @fluffypanda, a bit more info please. Is this stroking a path to paint in the 'road' ?

Quote:....snip...is there a way to get the random green dots in the picture all along the road 
(inside where the red is) perhaps kind of like spacing rather than do it manually?

I originally thought something like Ofnuts, but then it seemed OP wanted the speckles as the road is painted. I can not get that, at least not for random speckles.

How about an image sized template ?  A green layer over a red layer in a layer group. Filters -> Noise -> Hurl in color erase mode for image wide speckles.

A black layer mask for the layer group hides everything

Paint into the layer mask in white (stroke path) to create the road.

Proceeding from there. Well, maybe a new from visible, all depends on what is required.
(06-26-2023, 06:43 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: I deleted my reply because PixLab's is better Smile

Better... I don't think, by reading Ofnuts and rich2005 comments, then re-reading the OP, I'm literally out of topic Big Grin
Completely different solution:

• Create an image with is the size of the road times N (or N*M)
  • Fill a red layer
  • Fill a green layer over it
  • Set the green layer to Dissolve mode and reduce opacity taste
  • Split the layer into N (or N*M) stacked layers (see ofn-layer-tiles for instance)
  • Make a circle selection, invert it and clear the selection in all layers (see clear-layers, for instance)
  • At that point you have an image made of many layers that are all red circles with random green dots

• Export the image as a Gimp Image Hose (.gih) brush in one of our brushes directory

• Refresh your brushes list, select the brush and there you go (you can use the brush manually or stroke a path with it).:

ZIP with GIH brush and XCF source:

Attached Files
.zip   Red-Green-Dots.zip (Size: 18.65 KB / Downloads: 46)