Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
center point of circle path
I traced a few circles on a existing drawing with a path using the ofnuts plugin 'Shapes / On strokes / Circles' .Is there a plugin to define the center points of the circles? 

Of each seperate circle or all of them combined?

This is not a mathematical answer. I am no mathematician
But
1. Each circle has it's own centre You should be able to find that by using guides
2 Not sure, but wouldn't the combined centre be the point where all the circles overlap?

Smile
(10-06-2023, 10:29 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Of each seperate circle or all of them combined?

This is not a mathematical answer. I am no mathematician
But
1. Each circle has it's own centre You should be able to find that by using guides
2 Not sure, but wouldn't the combined centre be the point where all the circles overlap?

Centerpoint from each circle, that's what I want without calculating.
Maybe... Shapes - On strokes - Circle - Crosshair.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(10-06-2023, 10:42 AM)Krikor Wrote: Maybe... Shapes - On strokes - Circle - Crosshair.

That's it, thanks Krikor. Problem solved.
(10-06-2023, 10:42 AM)Krikor Wrote: Maybe... Shapes - On strokes - Circle - Crosshair.

I don't understand...
What are you speaking about? Can you explain Big Grin
Patrice
(10-06-2023, 01:30 PM)PixLab Wrote:

I don't understand...
What are you speaking about? Can you explain  Big Grin

The very function is also in ofn-path-to-shape and is called Shapes > On Strokes > Circle  > Crosshair: given a stroke with 3 points, it will draw a path with two strokes that intersect at the center of the circle.

Also, Shapes > On Strokes > Circle  > Circumcircle draws the circle that goes through the three points.

Like so?
https://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/cons...enter.html
(10-06-2023, 02:13 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 01:30 PM)PixLab Wrote:

I don't understand...
What are you speaking about? Can you explain  Big Grin

The very function is also in ofn-path-to-shape and is called Shapes > On Strokes > Circle  > Crosshair: given a stroke with 3 points, it will draw a path with two strokes that intersect at the center of the circle.

Also, Shapes > On Strokes > Circle  > Circumcircle draws the circle that goes through the three points.

Oh Ok, it's inside a plugin, now I understand, thanks Ofnuts Smile
Patrice
my gimp has guides for the rectangle and elipse select - would that help?

Smile