Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing complex roof color and texture
Hi - I am new to Gimp and am using 2.10.30. In my image, I have a winter tree ( branches but no leaves) against one of the roof sections. There are many non contiguous sections of this roof in this image of approximately the same color but different shapes.  Unfortunately the tree and roof clash on one section and the tree is not as visible. I am having problems using various tools to perhaps change the color of the roofs and textures to show off the complexities of the tree. What tools should I use to change the color and texture of the non contiguous roof shapes to have the tree in front of the roofs as it is now?  Thanks
Can you show the image (or a relevant extract) at full size?
If the roof is a light colour a dark drop shadow should make the tree stand out and if your roof is a dark colour, maybe a light colour drop shadow.

Smile
(04-30-2022, 10:31 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can you show the image (or a relevant  extract) at full size?

Hi Ofnuts - Hmm the error I am getting to send the reply/image says that it is too large. I am limited to 500k
(04-30-2022, 02:47 PM)alano9999 Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 10:31 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can you show the image (or a relevant  extract) at full size?

Hi Ofnuts - Hmm the error I am getting to send the reply/image says that it is too large. I am limited to 500k

If the whole image is too large , do what Ofnuts said - post a relevant extract

Smile
OK - I took a snippet of the image and according to the image information, it is less than 500k.
In the snippet, the tree gets lost against the similar color of the roof. Either I would like to darken the tree or preferably change the
roof color and texture so the tree would stand out more. Any suggestions as the approach to this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)