Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing the color of a layer with attenuation
Hi,

Is it please possible to transform the first attached layer to the second (or something very similar) ?

Only the basis color changes (and it is only 1 color), but it is an attenuation on the left part of the layer.

Thanks   Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-31-2022, 06:26 AM)aka Wrote: Hi,

Is it please possible to transform the first attached layer to the second (or something very similar) ?

Only the basis color changes (and it is only 1 color), but it is an attenuation on the left part of the layer.

Thanks   Smile

Many ways to do it
Filters ➤ hue saturation move the hue slider (play with others if you want), it's not an accurate method, but might be useful for you later on another project as way to change a color

For a more accurate
Filters ➤ Map ➤ Color Exchange... on the top color pick the color of the first image (blue), on the bottom pick the color of the second image (green)
I would use the Foreground/background tool to pick up and store the color of the 2 images, or just note their html notation, then go to Filters ➤ Map ➤ Color Exchange... and input the html notation respectively on the blue layer

Just set the alpha-lock on the  layer (checkerboard icon on the "Lock" line at the top f the layers list) and bucket-fill without selection. The alpha-lock will preserve the opacity/transparency of all pixels. You can also use this method with other paint tools:

You can also use layers compositing for a non-destructive editing:
Simply create a new layer on top of your layer, fill it entirely with the desired color and set its Compositing Mode to "Clip to Backdrop" (right-click on the layer, Compositing Mode)
Put these 2 layers in a layer group if you have more layers in the image.
(04-01-2022, 06:15 AM)tmanni Wrote: You can also use layers compositing for a non-destructive editing:
Simply create a new layer on top of your layer, fill it entirely with the desired color and set its Compositing Mode to "Clip to Backdrop" (right-click on the layer, Compositing Mode)

I often use this method, it did not come up to my mind when I answered... Huh
Big thumb up for the reminder of a non destructive editing method

Ofnuts deserves one as well for the straight forward simplicity.
@Ofnuts, thanks for the tip, I didn't know about this one. I needed this now for my project. Easy to do.
(04-01-2022, 06:15 AM)tmanni Wrote: You can also use layers compositing for a non-destructive editing:

Tmanni,
Yesterday I was already surprised by the new "semi-hidden" options in the Select by of the Fuzzy Select Tool. I've always only used Composite mode.

Now new "semi-hidden" features in the Composite Mode of the layers.

Thanks for bringing these features to light.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.