Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clone tool in xubuntu 16.04
clone tool in xubuntu 16.04

Hi ! My first post to this forum. When using windows, the clone tool works as expected. Using Xubuntu 16.04 - the clone tool does not perform any clone operation after pressing ctrl+click as usual and start to clone - you can see the +is following, but the area to clone does not fill up with the cloned area.

According to google search "xubuntu show mouse position on Control" there could be due to a mouse pointer setting, but really - I have been unable to find any solution to get this to work. Since I prefer Linux 99% over windows, I would appreciate help to get this to work also under Ubuntu.
First thing to check is the brush, is it an empty clipboard brush or is it so small you cannot see any 'cloned' pixels.

[Image: iJbdRet.jpg]

If that is not the 'fix' then disable your gimp profile ~/.gimp-2.8 and let Gimp create a new default one.

Which version of Gimp are you using? The stock is Gimp 2.8.16 and can be upgraded to Gimp 2.8.22 from a ppa. They both work (I have an xubuntu 16.04 on an old laptop) but it is worth upgrading.
The fix 'then disable your gimp profile ~/.gimp-2.8 and let Gimp create a new default one' did the trick. Working fine now.