Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
color change in the image
Thank you very much.

Yes, I'm learning. This salam now, because there is a hurry for these labels. Otherwise, I work from the beginning in layers. I'm changing the picture this time, which isn't the best, but it'll be fine. Thanks for the help Wink
Hello

Please help me how to draw a frame? Only the sides... with a transparent interior - a window? Wink

Tnx Wink
(01-10-2023, 03:23 PM)njuškalo Wrote: Hello

Please help me how to draw a frame? Only the sides... with a transparent interior - a window? Wink

Tnx Wink

There are more ways than one, some plugins made for drawing shapes, however the basic way is

1. Always make a new transparent layer so it is easy to correct mistakes / move around.
2. Make a selection for the outline of the frame.
3. Set the Foreground colour for the frame outline
4. Use Edit -> Stroke Selection and set the line width. OK that
5. Select -> None to turn selection off.

There is a tweak if you want rounded corners
Make the selection as (2)
Select -> Rounded Rectangle and set a radius
Then the same as (3) (4) (5)

example: https://imgur.com/FYswh2z.mp4
Now I did everything in layers, each segment separately, because something is always changing. So I only introduce changes in .xcf and not, as before, in .poor image quality Wink

Thank you very much for your help. Wink
Many different ways to make frames. After making your selection you could also use the selection 'border' . You can feather it, distort it etc depending on your preference.
With the 'border' the selection, amount you choose will be in and outside your initial selection, so you need to take that into account.
Best to make a brush of it when you are finished so you can use it again - If you do not want to go through it all again making one.
You can also use the kaleidoscope filter to make a frame

Smile
I noticed one bug (in my opinion) Namely, when inserting text, in a window/box with text, if I align the lines at the beginning and at the end - as long as there is "one" the text is split when and if I paste two into one box/window but he can no longer align the beginning and end of the paragraph. Incorrectly divides words.
This has come up before on this forum.
There is even a bug report describing the problem see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/7783

I have never been able to reproduce it, it might be connected to language settings.

Try changing from filled mode to justified mode then back to filled. I think that worked one time.

Otherwise, it means using more than one text box, one paragraph per text box.
I see that. Well, I solved it myself by putting one paragraph in one box Wink

Too bad it can't be fixed. It will already...

But, as already said, I finished what I had to do. Thank you
Hello

Me again Wink

How do I copy or duplicate multiple layers at once. I made one label in layers, but now I would like to have two labels on one A4 sheet. How do I do this?

https://ctrlv.link/7eSF
I cannot see that ctrlv.link image. It is blocked

Please post on some other service such as imgur.com

Generally if you have finalised the layout as a multilayer Gimp xcf save that and also export as say a separate png image.

Then New image A4 size, open the exported png as a New Layer, Duplicate that, Move the duplicate.