Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
color shift while open file
I constantly get a significant colorshift opening files. Dosen't matter, if I mantain or convert the incrusted color perfile. Dosen't matter the file format (jpg or different tiff formats). I have the issue since years and it dosent matter, if Windows or Linux. Please find attachments.
To fit the restrictions of this forum I had to scale down the images with a third party software. The scaled down images didn't show any difference in color. So I scaled the image, that passed through Gimp, in Gimp. And now you can see the difference. That is interesting, too. Seems that third party scaling, or may be any other operation, brings my color profile back.

Has somebody a suggestion?

Attached Files Image(s)

Did you try any other "rendering intent"? ("Prueba de renderizado" on your dialog)
(02-12-2021, 09:22 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Did you try any other "rendering intent"? ("Prueba de renderizado" on your dialog)

Good idea, thank you. There are 4 options, I tried all, once with "mantain" and once with"convert", 8 in total. It makes no difference. I tried several times with and without "black point compensation", too. No difference. It's like the hole dialogue has no effect.
Can you share the picture file? (or a crop that still exhibits the problem?)
(02-13-2021, 12:09 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can you share the picture file? (or a crop that still exhibits the problem?)
Please find attached images.
The original is Adobe RGB 14-bit
Colores, brightness etc hav not been touched in Gimp, just tried to eliminate the cables.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If I let Gimp convert the Color Profile, I do get an over-saturation (although not as bad as in you second photo). If I tell Gimp to keep the original color profile, the image remains correct.

Can you show a screenshot of the Color Management tab of your Preferences dialog?
(02-13-2021, 10:05 PM)Convert to RGBOfnuts Wrote: If I let Gimp convert the Color Profile, I do get an over-saturation (although not as bad as in you second photo). If I tell Gimp to keep the original color profile, the image remains correct.

Can you show a screenshot of the Color Management tab of your Preferences dialog?

It seems to me as if the whole "Convert to RGB Working Space" Dialogue has no effect. Please find requested screenshot attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Workaround: Finally, I found a solution to avoid the colour shift: importing PNG-Files doesn’t produce any problems. So, export your image from the other software as PNG or convert to PNG and you can import to Gimp without any problem. As PNG has a lossless compression the file sizes are huge like TIF, but TIF yes has the colour shift problem in Gimp.