Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copying and pasting .png to .jpeg
new here..and am having fun with GIMP

i created a logo for myself and i am trying to figure out how to copy and paste it as a whole

on top of a jpeg i want to use for the background...without doing it layer by layer

is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help
Yes it's possible, this is how I do (usually)
I take from the History tab, if it's not open go to Windows ➤ Dockable Dialogs ➤ Document History (if the document is not listed just open it, then close it, it will be listed)
I click (and stay clicked!) on the .xcf I want to insert in the opened image and drag it where I want in the Layers stack
In the screenshot below, you can see that thin black horizontal line ➤ is where it will be dropped when you release your mouse click

I also do the same way (drag 'n drop DIRECTLY in the middle of the layer stack) with any images on the desktop or directories/folders, it works the same way

(03-09-2022, 09:40 PM)Kelmaur Wrote: new here..and am having fun with GIMP

i created a logo for myself and i am trying to figure out how to copy and paste it as a whole

on top of a jpeg i want to use for the background...without doing it layer by layer

is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help
  • Open the JPEG
  • File > Open as layers and select you XCF
  • Chainlink all the PNG layers together to move them
Or, starting from the multi-layer image:
  • File > Open as layer the JPEG
  • Drag it to the bottom if the stack
  • Align it as wanted to the PNG layers
  • Image  > Fit canvas to layers

In both cases your problem is adjusting the relative positions of the JPEG and the PNG layers if they aren't the same size.